Saturday 5 January 2013

Why Wear A Base Coat?......

Three weeks ago for my Christmas party i wore a nice black and gold glittery nail art design. As i was in such a rush to get ready i skipped the base coat....oh how i regretted that.
A couple of days later ,when the hangover finally wore off, i removed my nail vanish to find my nails had stained a horrible yellow colour. 
Naively i thought the yellow would wear off after a couple of days BUT...it never.
After buffing my nails several time it took approximately two weeks for my nails to go back to normal.


 






I find that dark colours, reds, yellows, greens and blues stain your nails the most and pretty easily too... Yep that covers quite a lot of colours.
From now on i use a base coat religiously and i recommend you do too.

Base coats aren't just used to prevent yellowing. its also go for:
- Helps bond the nail surface and nail varnish for longer wear
- Helps prevent your nail from peeling and splitting
- Helps condition your nail - Most base coats contains vitamins to improve your nail quality
- I find that it smooths/evens out your nail ready for your colour application.

I use quite an inexpensive base coat it Revlon 955. I got mine in Boots for around £5.
when you look at the colour in the bottle it looks like a misty white but it does apply clear. and quite shiny.

I feel that with even just one coat it hardens your nail with a smooth slick finish.
The nail varnish drys quick as stated on the bottle. i am always a bit dubious about fast drying nail varnishes i often feel they chip really easily however with this base coat i was pleasantly surprised 

I also use the Revlon's top coat  960 which is also fab so if you have a spare £10 i would urge you to buy both.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone and have gave it an overall rating of 10/10.

Congrats Revlon on a fantastic products.

Katie


+Revlon Trends
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)