Tuesday 1 January 2013

Simple Flower Nail Art Tutorial

To welcome in 2013 i though i would create a cute simple floral nail art design with a little sparkle.
I love this nail art design it is one of my favs - A hit all year round :)
 
 
For this tutorial you will need:
- 2 Different size Dotting tools
- Base colour
- Three contrasting colours
- Base and top coat
- Paper plate

 






 
Undercoat your nails with your base coat to protect your natural nail.
I am using Revlon 955
 
Once the base coat is dry paint your nail with your base colour.
I like to apply my base colour thin and often. I used three coats of Barry M Berry Ice cream.

 
Take the darkest of your contrast colours and dollop a small pea size amount on to your paper plate.
I am using Barry M bright purple. 
With the larger end of the dotting tool dip the nib into the nail varnish.
Dot your nails with 5 connecting dots to form the foundation of your flower.
Repeat this process on each nail.

 
Once the dots are dry take the lighter (but not the lightest) contrast colour and dollop a small amount on to the paper plate.
Using the same size dotting nib as before dot the middle of you flowers.
I am using Models Own Southern Lights to add a bit sparkle to the design.

 
Take the lightest contrast colour dollop a small amount on to the paper plate.
With the small nib dotting tool create small dots in between your flowers.
I am using Virgin Vie White.
 
 
Finish your manicure with a top coat to protect your design.


 
Katie

* Don't have a dotting tool?... You can use a point of a blunt pencil, the end of a hair grip or blunt the end of a tool pick.

+Virgin 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)